Many agents have opted to purchase a custom domain through Godaddy (or a similar registrar) so they can direct traffic to their SPAW (Single Page Agent Website aka agent profile on remax.com). The benefits of directing traffic to your SPAW and having consumers begin their listing search there are:
1. You will be branded on every listing on remax.com
2. Any lead generated will be flagged as a 'direct' lead and will be sent to you regardless of any other agent connections
3. The leads will automatically populate in your LeadStreet account so that you can set them up on drip marketing
4. The lead will now be connected to you, which means if they conduct a general search from the homepage of remax.com and submit a lead, that lead will be identified as 'connected' and sent to you (as long as there wasn't a previous connection with another agent)
To point your custom domain to your SPAW page so that you can promote it as a website, please follow the below steps:
1. Log into Launchpad (launchpad.remax.com)
2. Select the blue 'App Store' button at the bottom of your MyTools widget (the first widget on your Launchpad dashboard
3. Select the LeadStreet tile
4. Once directed to your LeadStreet account, select the menu in the upper left hand corner
5. Select 'Your Profile'
6. Select 'Domain Manager'
7. Select 'remax.com Instruction'
8. Follow the steps provided to update the DNS records in your registrar (such as Godaddy or the website that you purchased your domain through)
9. Once you have updated your DNS records, select the 'Custom Domain Setup' section underneath the 'remax.com Instructions' section
10. Enter your domain in the first field (format will start with www. Do not add http:// or https://)
11. Select remax.com from the second drop down box
12. Select the red 'Submit' button
*Note: it can take up to 24 hours for your DNS records to update to point to your SPAW. If after 24 hours you are not directed to your SPAW when typing in the domain name that you purchased, please reach out to our Support Team so that we can assist further.
keywords: website, domain, registrar, profile, URL