Unlimited Post Creation
Placester allows you to create as many posts as you’d like on your website. There is not a limit to the number of posts you can create.
To create a new post, log into your Placester account to access the back end of your website. There are two ways to get to the post creator.
Quick Link to Post Creator
You can add posts directly from your admin dashboard.
Create a Post through the Post Editor
Alternatively, you can create a post through the post editor. On the dashboard within your site, click on edit site either under Quick actions or in the site overview window you both of which will bring you to the backend menu page.
Once you're within the site details tab, click on the Blog Posts tab to access the blog posts index.
Blog Posts Index
You’ll see four sample posts that we provide you with to start. Feel free to edit these using the Edit button or remove them using the Remove button.
To create a new post, click the + sign.
Blog Post Editor Key
You'll be brought to a blank post editor that allows you to enter a title, content, an excerpt and a featured image.
Here is a key to explain the different editing options within the post editor. Their descriptions are below the image.
1. Title: Add your post title here.
2. Assign to Category: Add your post to a category (Essential and Premium subscriptions only)
3. Slug: The slug is what comes after the slash and is based on your post title. In this case, the slug is sample-blog-post.
4. Content: Edit the content of the post here.
5. Excerpt: Edit the post excerpt here. This is the snippet of text that will appear on the blog index page, similar to this:
6. Featured Image: The thumbnail image that will appear on the blog index page. This is different from any images you add within the actual post content and needs to be uploaded separately with the featured image uploader.
When you’re done editing the content of your post, click Save as Draft or Create, depending on whether you’d like the post to be published on your blog page or not.
The formatting toolbar allows you to make some formatting adjustments within the post content. Here is a key that shows you what each button within the toolbar does.
- HTML: Click here to learn more about inserting HTML
- Formatting: format text as Normal, Header or Quote
- Unordered List: make a bulleted list on the page
- Ordered List: make a numbered list on the page
- Link: add hyperlinked text to your site
- Image: upload an image on the page. Click here to learn more about adding images.
- Video: embed a video within the page. Click here to learn more about embedding videos.
- Adding a Table
Scheduling Blog Posts (Essential and Premium Packages)
With our upgraded packages, you have the ability to write a blog post and then schedule the exact time and date that you would like your blog to be posted to your website. Under the Options header, you will notice a field titled "Publish Date". You have the option of choosing to publish the blog immediately or you can click the "Edit Button" to specify a more specific date and time.
You can choose the date, time and specify the time zone and your blog will be published accordingly. This function is also available for blogs that were already created and published. If you would like to update the publish date of a blog that was previously created, you would follow this same process.
Click OK once you've selected the date, then click Publish.